Travel Cost Calculator
Finland Travel Cost Calculator
How much does a trip to Finland cost? How much money do I need per day in Helsinki or Lapland?
Our online travel cost calculator helps you plan travel expenses including hotel costs, attractions, transportation and dining.
This free tool is for any traveler who simply wants to figure out a budget for a trip to Finland.
Choose your destination, number of travelers, travel month, your preferences, and the tool provides a rough estimate for you to see if these costs meet your budget or when to go to Finland for cheaper rates.
Prices are shown in Euro (€) and U.S. dollars (US$) to make the calculations easier to use.
Accommodation rates are based on average rates for a standard double/twin room for two adults. The peak and off – season rates are taken into account. Shoulder season rates and holidays are not included in the estimate. Accommodation rates may vary greatly depending on how far in advance you book, cancellation policies, special offers and deals, etc. The hotel prices we’ve collected are all well-rated hotels in the popular tourist areas in Finland.
- Public transport: 24-hour pass or 4 single/one-way tickets per person per day
- A 10 km (7 miles) taxi ride in a city center
- Midsize car rental. A car hire cost is calculated per day, so it might be a lot cheaper to rent by a week or two weeks. SCDW insurance is not included in the estimate
- Cheap eats: street food, fast food, e.g. Big Mac & Coke for a lunch
- Mid-range cafes and restaurants: a set lunch menu or a one main meal + dessert + coffee for a lunch; 2-course dinner without drinks
- Fine dining: breakfast and lunch in mid – range cafes and restaurants; dinner: Tasting Menu without wine
- 1 alcohol drink: a glass of wine or beer
- 3 drinks: a glass of wine, beer and cocktail
- Two attraction tickets listed in “Things to Do”
- Two popular attraction tickets and one tour
Unexpected travel expenses such as tips, souvenirs, a bottle of water, etc.
Average Travel Costs
The average price of a 7-day trip to Finland in July is US$1273 | €1190 for a solo traveler, US$1438 | €1344 for a couple. Off-season travel may be up to 48 % cheaper. The average cost of a 7-day trip to Finland during off-season is US$656 | €613 for a solo traveler, US$821 | €767 for a couple.
Hotels range from US$74 - 376 | €69 - 351 per night with an average of US$123 | €115. Travelers spend on average US$68 | €64 on meals per person per day in Finland. 1 day in Helsinki will cost you US$189 | €177.